Why Some People Need a Bassinet

You've purchased a crib, crib sheets, a bumper pad and a mobile. You have a place for your newborn to sleep. So why on earth would you need to buy a baby bassinet?

Baby Cradle Bumpers

When I was pregnant, I knew I wanted to have a bassinet. My big reason: I planned to nurse my baby. As a nursing mother, a baby bassinet comes in handy for those middle of the night and middle of the day feedings. A nursing baby can mean that you are forced to sleep when she sleeps since most nursing infants feed every two to three hours. Although I was blessed with a daughter who only fed once in the middle of the night and every few hours during the day, I found her baby bassinet quite useful.

Baby Cradle Bumpers

When I woke up in the morning with her, I could just grab her and begin feeding her without walking to another room. A tiny baby bassinet, as opposed to a large crib, can fit in even the smallest of master bedrooms.

Most bassinets also are very portable. The wheeled variety are great since you can move them into a room you're going to be in and lay your little one down for a nap while you go about your business.

The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends that babies sleep in the same room, not the same bed, as their parents because it's thought to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). I appreciated having my newborn daughter close by in her baby bassinet because I, a naturally concerned parent, often found myself checking to see if she was still breathing.

I found my baby bassinet to be a wise addition to a plethora of baby products. When we were done with the bassinet, we gave it away to a family member. So, my daughter's old baby bassinet is getting further use to this day.

Why Some People Need a Bassinet
Baby Cradle Bumpers

Large Cocktail Ottoman Infared Game Cameras